Latest Rep Moves & Signings
Friday, December 16, 2016 - 1:08pm | WhoRepresents
- At CAA:
- Actress Emma Watson and director/producer Travis Knight (Kubo and the Two Strings) have signed with the agency. Watson comes over from WME, while Knight was not previously repped by an agent.
- Veteran TV lit agent Joel Begleiter has left UTA to join the agency (even as the two rivals are still working through the legal issues surrounding last year's mass defection of agents in the other direction).
- Deadline Hollywood recently reported that CAA is considering a collaboration with former ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee to produce high-end scripted TV. The venture was compared to work already undertaken by WME since its acquisition of IMG, and sounds similar to the way many (much smaller) management companies work in developing client material.
- At ICM Partners:
- New promotions at the agency include LA-based Nathalie Didier and Chris Horsman, who have been made talent agents, and New York's Justin Ianda, who is now an agent in global branded entertainment.
- Celebrity chef and TV personality Graham Elliot (Top Chef) has signed with the agency.
- At WME:
- The multi-talented Donald Glover has brought Childish Gambino, his band/musical alter-ego, to the agency that already repped him for film and television.
- Up and coming star Katherine Langford (Thirteen Reasons Why) and Mexican actor Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (Soldado) are new signs, as well.
- At UTA:
- Viggo Mortensen, a past Oscar-nominee with another buzzed about performance this year in Captain Fantastic, has signed with Theresa Peters.
- Longtime publicity chief Chris Day is leaving after 17 years with the agency. Following the amicable split, Day will begin looking for a new challenge.
- CAA talent agent Nick Styne is leaving the company to form an as-yet-unnamed management and production company. There is no word yet on which of his clients will join him in his new gig.
- Longtime PMK•BNC publicist Lauren Auslander is leaving to form her own publicity firm, LUNA. Continue to follow the site to see which of her longtime clients are coming with her.
- Actress Jaimie Alexander (Blindspot) and rock band The All-American Rejects are now clients of 42 West.
- Young actor Caleb McLaughlin (Stranger Things) and funnyman Andrew Dice Clay have signed with Anderson Group PR.
- Actresses Carla Jimenez (The Mick) and Valerie Vasquez (My Kitchen Rules) are also new signings for AGPR.
- Accomplished actor Mykelti Williamson (Fences) has signed with Jill Fritzo PR.