The Latest Rep Moves and Signings - May 8, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015 - 7:44am | WhoRepresents
- At UTA:
- Comedian Sarah Silverman, who took a dramatic turn in this year's Sundance film I Smile Back, is now represented by Jo Yao. While not technically part of the CAA comedy exodus, Silverman definitely fits the profile of the talent now moving over to UTA.
- Among those former CAA clients to have been confirmed at UTA in recent weeks are SNL members Beck Bennett and Kyle Mooney, Broad City creators Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, and stand-up Jim Gaffigan, whose eponymous sitcom is set to premiere this summer. All of the above are repped by John Sacks.
- Unrelated to the CAA situation, UTA landed another major name in comedy this past week—prolific TV creator Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, and many more). He will be represented by Jay Sures. He was previously with ICM Partners.
- At WME:
- WME also beefed up its TV talent, signing writer/producer Peter Ocko, writer/producer/actor Steve Byrne, and very busy director Fred Savage (yes, that Fred Savage). Ocko is with Matt Solo, Byrne is with Silvio Lund, and Savage will be repped by Richard Weitz.
- Young actor Parker Mack has signed with Megan Silverman.
- Past Academy Award nominee Greg Kinnear is now with Michelle Bohan.
- Supermodel Joan Smalls has signed for theatrical representation with Elyse Scherz.
- At ICM Partners:
- Actress Rebecca Ferguson, who starred in The White Queen for BBC and Starz, and will be seen in the forthcoming installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise, is now represented by Carter Cohn.
- At CAA:
- Actress Kate Beckinsale has signed with Matt DelPiano.
- Christopher Wheeldon, theater director/choreographer and current Tony nominee, has signed with Joe Machota.
- YouTube star Jenna Marbles is now represented by Paul Cazers.
- Visionary filmmaker Terrence Malick has signed with Ilene Feldman of LBI Entertainment. He is with CAA on the agency side.