Latest Rep Moves and Signings
Monday, July 6, 2015 - 7:04am | WhoRepresents
- At WME:
- British comedy star Matt Lucas (Little Britain) has signed with Richard Weitz.
- Another UK TV treasure, writer Lynda La Plante, who created Prime Suspect, has signed with Abe Cohen Hoffing.
- Actor/writer/director Dax Shepard is now with a team headed up by Adam Venit.
- Playwright Sarah Burgess has signed with Scott Chaloff.
- At CAA:
- Agent David O'Connor, who has been part of CAA's core leadership team for decades, is leaving the rep business to become president-CEO of the multi-faceted MSG group, which controls Madison Square Garden, among other ventures. Most of his former clients, which include Bruce Willis and Jerry Bruckheimer, are expected to remain with CAA.
- Martin Starr, one of the stars of Silicon Valley, has signed with Steve Smooke.
- Jaina Lee Ortiz, who can be seen in the upcoming Fox series Rosewood, has signed with Sean Grumman.
- At UTA:
- Dope actress Kiersey Clemons has signed at UTA, with a team that includes Billy Lazarus and Louise Ward.
- TV star Harry Hamlin is now with Mike Jelline.
- At ICM Partners:
- Veteran literary agent Helen Brann has formed a succession agreement with ICM Partners, whereby the agency will take over representation of her clients and titles when she retires. She counts legendary Broadway composer/playwright Stephen Sondheim and the estate of novelist Robert B. Parker among her clients.
- At Innovative Artists:
- Innovative Artists was in the news an unusual amount over the past week due to actress and director Rose McGowan's claim, via Twitter, that she was fired by the agency for speaking out against sexism in the Hollywood casting process. It was then revealed that McGowan's point at the agency, Sheila Wenzel, had quietly left the company immediately prior to the dust-up. McGowan has since publicly defended Wenzel, and the two departures do not seem to be directly related.
- The aforementioned Harry Hamlin has signed with William Choi at Management 360.