The Latest Rep Moves and Signings
Friday, June 19, 2015 - 1:42pm | WhoRepresents
- At WME:
- After a brief (but certainly productive) relationship with CAA, Star Wars: The Force Awakens star John Boyega has signed with Phillip Sun. He remains with his UK rep, Femi Oguns at Identity Agency Group.
- Australian actor Lindsay Farris has signed with Chris Fioto.
- Swedish actor Christopher Wagelin (one of the stars of the Amy Poehler-produced Welcome to Sweden) has signed with Sharon Jackson.
- Veteran producer Gil Netter is now with Zachary Druker.
- SNL writer Marika Sawyer has signed with Lisa Harrison.
- Oscar-winning screenwriters Nat Faxon and Jim Rash have parted ways with the agency. It is unknown at this time where they will end up.
- At CAA:
- Beyoncé has taken her touring business to CAA's music division, where she will be represented by Rob Light. She remains with ICM Partners for acting work.
- At UTA:
- Talent agent Nigel Meiojas has come over from ICM Partners. Robert Duvall, Jonny Weston, Annabelle Wallis, Allen Leech and Jencarlos Canela are among the actors reported to be coming with Meiojas to UTA.
- TV showrunner Neal Baer, who spent many years on Law & Order: SVU, has signed with Peter Benedek.
- American Hustle co-writer Eric Warren Singer has signed with David Kramer.
- At Paradigm:
- Paradigm has bolstered its feature lit talent in the past couple of weeks, signing writers Karen McCullah (10 Things I Hate About You, Legally Blonde) and Peter Steinfeld (21, Be Cool), rising filmmaker Ciro Guerra, and both director Peter Segal and producer Michael Ewing, who have collaborated with one another on a number of projects, the most recent being Grudge Match.
- Actress and TV personality Leah Remini has signed with Oren Segal and Carol Bodie at Radius Entertainment.
- Former CAA theater agent Corinne Hayoun, who represented primarily playwrights, has joined Dan Halsted's company, Manage-ment, which has an emphasis on transitioning playwrights into film and TV careers.
- Director Tim Burton and composer Danny Elfman, whose collaboration stretches back 30 years, have both signed with Anderson Group PR.